What Americans Are Doing This July 4th
Posted by: Communications Team | July 1, 2018
Celebrating July 4th in our country is more than a spectator sport for most of us. On CBS News Sunday Morning today, we saw some fascinating statistics from the National Retail Federation about how we are spending this 4th of July. So, we’re sharing them with you.
How Americans are Celebrating July 4th
- 216 million people are celebrating our independence in some form
- 106 million of us will attend fireworks or community events
- 153 million will cookout or picnic
- 150 million or more hot dogs will be eaten
- 46.9 million people will travel over 50 miles, up 5% over last year
- 39.7 million will go by car
- 3.8 million by air
- 3.5 million plan to travel by bus, train, or boat
- #1 destination is Orlando, Florida to visit the array of theme parks in the area
- Anaheim, California is the #2 destination
- 60% will fly our American flags
- 53% of us believe that the American Dream is still attainable
- 51% don’t really want to see someone else’s vacation pictures
Dean and Draper
We hope that you and yours have a wonderful holiday celebrating Independence Day. When you have questions about your insurance, we’re only a phone call away.
Dean& Draper is a Trusted Choice insurance agency representing over 200 insurance companies. For over 35 years we have offered a trusted freedom of choice to our clients. ContactUs.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Dean & Draper Insurance Agency specifically disclaims any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Dean & Draper Insurance Agency. By providing this information to you, Dean & Draper Insurance Agency does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
©2018 Dean & Draper Insurance Agency All Rights Reserved.