Impossible! You say? Your devices are necessary for any productivity at all. So, what do you do when the Internet crashes or your system fails? Our friends at Hubspot along with author Lindsay Kolowich have offered some interesting alternatives to running screaming out of the building. Plus they are also offering a downloadable report on increasing productivity.
Our favorite Hubspot suggesstions include:
- Come up with a few week’s blog topics. Make lists of topics you’re curious about, or wondered why someone hasn’t investigated, or even don’t understand.
- Interact with a real human being. What a concept. Look up from your computer, phone or tablet to actually have a conversation. You can discover the world is full of very interesting people.
- Make a playlist. Been thinking about adding another playlist? Here’s the chance to have some alone time with your music.
- Do a brain dump exercise. What’s that? When your creativity is stuck, sometimes the best answer writing about your stuckness. My favorite is the pen and notebook method. Sit down in a quiet place and go where your pen takes you. Then review what you’ve written at lease 5 – 6 pages please.
- Write a few thank you notes. Expressing your gratitude takes you right out of your own self-absorption.
- Listen to Pod Casts offline.
- Read a book. Remember what it felt like to hold a real book in your hands?
- Make some phone calls. Been meaning to forego the text or email for a voice at the other end of the phone? Great time to reach out.
No screaming. How about taking a moment and a couple of deep breaths then find the most attractive choice on the list above? You know you want to kick back with those ideas anyway.
Dean& Draper is a Trusted Choice insurance agency representing over 200 insurance companies. For over 35 years we have offered a trusted freedom of choice to our clients. ContactUs.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Dean & Draper Insurance Agency specifically disclaims any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Dean & Draper Insurance Agency. By providing this information to you, Dean & Draper Insurance Agency does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
©2016 Dean & Draper Insurance Agency All Rights Reserved.