Dean & Draper is seeking an self-driven, entreprenurial individual, to actively engage and prospect with business owners/executives to develop commercial, personal, and employee benefit risk management programs.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Desktop Computer Skills
- Databases - Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Internet - Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
- Navigation - Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer's operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
- Presentations - Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Spreadsheets - Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing - Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance, or specialized policies, such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Explain features, advantages, and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
- Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
- Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Getting Information
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Interacting With Computers
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
- Developing Objectives and Strategies
- Processing Information
Detailed Work Activities
- Attend events to develop professional knowledge.
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
- Customize financial products or services to meet customer needs.
- Develop marketing plans or strategies.
- Develop professional relationships or networks.
- Examine condition of property or products.
- Explain financial information to customers.
- Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs.
- Identify potential customers.
- Maintain records of sales or other business transactions.
- Prepare sales or other contracts.
- Process sales or other transactions.
- Review accuracy of sales or other transactions.
- Sell products or services.
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.
- Take product orders from customers.
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Financial analysis software
- Insurance analysis software
- Insurance rating software
- Cygnus Software IncomeMax
- Underwriting software
- Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe AfterEffects
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Medical software
- Medical procedure coding software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet software
- Web page creation and editing software
- Word processing software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Scheduling software
- Data base user interface and query software
- Insurance Technology Consultants WOW
- Document management software
- Allstar Software Systems Kofax
- Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Internet browser software
- Web browser software
- Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
- Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
- Presentation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint