Position Title: Commercial Lines Technical Assistant
Reports to: Commercial Lines Manager
Assists Account Managers in servicing clients and maintaining insurance coverage for commercial lines insurance.
B. POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Maintains files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
2. Issue ID cards
3. Issue Certificates of Insurance
4. Update Certificate Holder List
5. Order MVR’s
6. Order Loss Runs
7. Policy Checking
8. Seeks advice from Account Manager with any problem with their accounts
9. Maintains working knowledge of all company change procedures
10. Inputs late-payment notices, direct notice of cancellations, and payment-received notices into the agency automation system
11. Performs other functions and responsibilities as assigned by management
12. The Technical Assistant is responsible for adherence to the expectations of the E&O Plus Quality Management Program
13. Set up clients and policy(ies) in Sagitta
14. Detail coverage and schedule
16. Maintain a working knowledge of all carriers
17. Attend carrier meetings, as needed
18. Request /Process paperwork/endorsements on the same day as requested, including issuing Auto ID Cards
19. Preparing Finance Agreements
20. Backup commercial lines department when needed
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
High School or equivalent degree. P&C License (Can be obtained in Level 1, 2 or 3). Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Self-starter, imaginative and creative, with good verbal and written communication skills. Accurate attention to detail. Must be organized.
D. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation systems and various software programs
E. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
1. Finger Dexterity:
Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, using writing instruments,icking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
2. Repetitive Motions:
Using hands, wrists and/or fingers.
Especially where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
4. Average Hearing:
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
5. Average Visual Abilities:
Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
6. Physical Strength:
Sedentary work. Sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs of force occasionally.
F. WORKING CONDITIONS
Fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions
Job descriptions assist organization in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors as deemed appropriate may assign additional functions and requirements.
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.This job description does not alter in any way the employment-at-will nature of the employment relationship, nor does it constitute a contract of employment between the job incumbent and the organization. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.