Account Manager for Commercial Lines Department to assure organic growth, retention and customer satisfaction. Coordinates the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities. Fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AS AN ACCOUNT MANAGER
- Review new and renewal applications in a timely manner.
- Quote and negotiate all lines with various carriers.
- Prepare Proposals.
- Bind, issue and collect premium for policies.
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts.
- Performs special projects at the request of designated clients. Binders and/or policy or endorsement requests are to be completed same day date as the order is given.
- Maintains timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and company personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 24 hours of receipt.
- Handles premium collection through form letters and requests cancellation of policies when necessary.
- Follows up on outstanding claims and provides assistance in their resolution, as necessary.
- Actively solicits increase in limits and/or coverage’s or cross sell accounts. Manage client stewardship to maximize retention.
- Maintains working knowledge of all company procedures.
- Performs other functions and responsibilities as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others. Should exhibit effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Must be willing to travel as required.
High School or equivalent degree. Must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
*CIC, CPCU, ARM, CRM designations are a plus.
*Applied Epic experience is a plus.