As we move into yet another week of staying home, we thought you might be ready for some ideas for adding some fun to your agenda. In our research we looked for interesting and clever things to do at home with your family or reach out to do virtually.
Here are a few ideas that made our list:
Have a “Party” with Friends and Family
Gather people from around the neighborhood or country for a virtual party. Cleary we’re moving into using those virtual video options while we’re staying home. Use Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Marco Polo or a number of additional sources for video chatting.
In addition to the standards – birthdays and anniversaries – how about virtually:
- Learning a new dance with your friends
- Cooking together – using only the ingredients you already have in your pantry
- Having a meal together
- Watching a movie and exchanging comments along the way
Have a House Full of People?
We have some ideas for making life interesting together.
- Clear out the family room and camp out indoors – you’ll need blankets, popcorn, and scary movies, too
- Use your non-dominate hand for eating, brushing your teeth, writing, and drawing. It frustrating and funny at the same time.
- Rearrange the furniture. It makes the room feel different and you’re probably bored with the room anyway.
- Have contest with everyone moving around the room, eating, talking, or dancing in slow motion.
Taking Care of Yourself
Right now, we can all use a bit of care. Here are a few ideas we liked:
- Convert your bathroom into a luxurious spa with candles and wine.
- Catch up with loved ones virtually.
- You probably have a long list of books you want to read. We just checked the Houston Public Library and discovered even though the library is closed, you can still check out books you read electronically.
- A few minutes breathing is always a good thing. You can also find guided meditation online.
- Support someone who is having a difficult time. It’s amazing how helping someone can give you an emotional lift.
Dean and Draper
We hope that you have found some worthwhile ideas in our blog. We hope you will stay home if you can, wash your hands, and be careful. We’re all in this together.
Dean& Draper is a Trusted Choice insurance agency representing over 200 insurance companies. For over 36 years we have offered a trusted freedom of choice to our clients. ContactUs.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Dean & Draper Insurance Agency specifically disclaims any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Dean & Draper Insurance Agency. By providing this information to you, Dean & Draper Insurance Agency does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
©2020 Dean & Draper Insurance Agency All Rights Reserved.