Here we are, more than 4 months into this Covid-19 confinement. Now we’re faced with the decision about going out in the world or staying home or what degree in between we’re willing to risk. For those of us who will be staying at home a while longer, we thought some information about cabin fever would be a great topic for today’s blog.
Cabin fever is a series of emotions or symptoms people feel when they are confined to their homes for extended periods of time. Although cabin fever is not a recognized psychological illness, the emotional, physical, and behavioral effects are real and can have a significant affect on the quality of life. Symptoms include:
- Intense feeling of isolation
- Decreased motivation
How to Cope
Finding meaningful ways to engage your brain and occupy your time is a great start. Here are a few more ideas:
- Develop routines. Routines can make you feel in control or your situation.
- Find a work/life balance. Finding time to focus on activities that you find enjoyable or relaxing.
- Stay physically active. Those endorphins will add to your sense of wellbeing.
- Nature fix. Even a walk around the yard can be uplifting.
- Get some sleep. Go to bed and get up at reasonable hours.
- Connect virtually. Reaching out to friends and family will stave off the feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- Control news consumption. Covid-19 is all over the news all day every day. Dial your news watching back. You’ll feel better for it.
- Focus on the positive. Give yourself credit for your accomplishments.
If you feel that your symptoms are getting worse, consider reaching out to a mental health professional who can help you understand what you’re experiencing.
Dean and Draper
We hope that if you have cabin fever, it’s a mild case. When you have questions about your insurance, we’re here to help.
Dean& Draper is a Trusted Choice insurance agency representing over 200 insurance companies. For over 36 years we have offered a trusted freedom of choice to our clients. ContactUs.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Dean & Draper Insurance Agency specifically disclaims any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Dean & Draper Insurance Agency. By providing this information to you, Dean & Draper Insurance Agency does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
©2020 Dean & Draper Insurance Agency All Rights Reserved.