Houston is into Astros Fan Fever as the team has 2 wins in the playoffs. We thought it would be interesting to see some of the fun facts from the Astros history.
1. Winning Game 7 in the 2017 World Series was the firs time Houston has ever played a game in the month of November.
2. The entire 2017 offense returned for the 2018 season (with the exception of Carlos Beltran who retired), so the odds of return success for winning it all are up there (fingers crossed!).
3. Speaking of odds, the Astros odds of winning it all again this season are 21-4, according to Bleacher Report.
4.The Astros are worth $1.65 billion, according to Forbes(ranking them the 11th most valuable team).
5. Orbit, the Astros lovable and unpredictably hilarious mascot, is the only MLB mascot to win back-to-back Mascot of the Year awards.
6. Only 6 of the 30 MLB teams have a retractable roof, making rain delays in Houston non-existent. (Teams with retractable roofs/domes: Astros, Blue Jays, Diamondbacks, Mariners, Brewers and Marlins.)
Pro tip: check #RoofStatus on Twitter to find out if the roof will be open or closed – it’s key to planning your wardrobe, wearing a hat or bringing sunglasses and lathering up the sunscreen!
7. In 2015, Dallas Keuchel became the first major league pitcher to go a perfect 15-0 at home.
8. Justin Verlander (married to supermodel Kate Upton) was the highest-paid Astro in 2017, making a smug $28M (that breaks down to a whopping $137.2K per inning pitched).
9. Jose Altuve set a team record in 2014 recording 225 hits.
10. In the same season (2014), Altuve recorded the most multi-hit performances by a right-handed batter since Michael Young did back in 2006 with the Rangers.
11. Craig Biggio made his Major League debut with the Astros in 1998 and spent his entire 20-year career with the team.
12. George Springer was named the 2017 World Series MVP after going 11 for 29 with three doubles, five home runs and seven RBI, becoming just the third player to hit five homers in the Fall Classic.
13. During his 1991 NL Rookie of the Year campaign, Jeff Bagwell hit 15 homeruns.
14. The Houston franchise first debuted in 1962 and the name of the team back then was the Colt .45s.
Dean and Draper
We’re right there with you cheering the Astros on to their next World Series. Go Astros!
Dean& Draper is a Trusted Choice insurance agency representing over 200 insurance companies. For over 35 years we have offered a trusted freedom of choice to our clients. ContactUs.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Dean & Draper Insurance Agency specifically disclaims any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Dean & Draper Insurance Agency. By providing this information to you, Dean & Draper Insurance Agency does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.
©2018 Dean & Draper Insurance Agency All Rights Reserved.
Thanks to Jayme Lamm. Stats were gathered from the Houston Astros media guide, Mike Acosta (one of the most knowledgeable Astros guys around), team info and various web sources.